How we work:
Global Getaways plans customized trips that are thoughtfully crafted and packed with personality. We create the perfect trip, designed just for you by understanding your dreams and taking time to listen to what's important to you. We receive many requests for travel assistance but only work with a few special clients at a time, in order to provide our best service. Below is an outline of how we work and what you can expect:
1. Email: Please email email@example.com and provide us with the basic elements of your trip requirements.
2. ITB Deposit and Service Fees: Upon receiving and reviewing your request, we will respond quickly and let you know if we feel we are the best fit for you. At this point, a non-refundable "Intent to Book" deposit is requested as follows:
- Individual/Couple: $100 per person via personal check or credit card is required and applicable toward the final trip cost, provided the trip is booked within 3 months. $150 per person for multiple destination/vacation planning.
- Complex Itinerary: If trip planning involves multiple destinations or a complicated itinerary, we require a non-refundable planning fee of $250 per person to cover our time and expenses, as itineraries like this are very time intensive.
- Groups: For groups of 10 or more, the ITB deposit is $50 per person and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Since airlines do not pay commission, we charge:
- $50 per person for domestic flights
- $100 per person for international flights if they are not already included in the package. For example, most of our resort and all-inclusive packages to places like Mexico and the Caribbean will already include flights, but other destinations like Europe, Asia, and Africa do not.
If we don't think we can do a world class job for you, we'll do our best to refer you to a trusted colleague who can.
Once you have chosen to work with us and have sent in your deposit, you will receive our Trip Planner. With this, we ask a few more very important questions, in order to customize your vacation to fit your very specific needs and desires. We are not simply "order takers" but rather we are partnering with you as consultants. Our job is to marry our expertise with your requests, making sure we create the experience you are searching for. Fine-tuning is not only allowed but encouraged. The more we know about what is important to you, the better job we can do in crafting our itineraries.
Our trip planner gives you the freedom to describe your dream trip while giving us all the information we need to make that dream a reality. You're dealing with consultants who have over a decade of experience creating honeymoons, anniversary trips, and many other adventures so...
1. Complete the Trip Planner: Sit down with a Cappuccino, imagine yourself on vacation, and let us know what you see.
2. Review Tentative Itinerary: Within a few days, you'll see your request being crafted together as you review your initial trip proposal. Not perfect? We will continue to collaborate with you on every detail until you love what we have presented. To see a recent sample of an itinerary we created for a special honeymoon couple, visit: African Safari.
3. Deposit & Final Payment: Once you've chosen your perfect itinerary, you'll be given deposit and final payment information. Your ITB deposit will be applied to final payment.
4. Documents: You will receive your final documents within 1-2 weeks of travel, if not sooner. Depending on the type of vacation we have created for you, your documents may be either electronic or paper documents with vouchers. Documents will include your daily schedule, confirmation numbers, contact information, services purchased, as well as other important travel information, tips, suggestions, and recommendations.
All you'll need now is a suitcase and a ride to the airport! Now go enjoy your vacation. You've dreamed about it and now it's time. Enjoy, take a lot of photos, and please share them!
Touching Base: Our clients are important to use. We consider them VIPs and communicate the same to all of the properties in which they are staying. You can expect to hear from us right before your departure, just to make sure you are all set and have everything you need. We will also touch base with you upon return, just to make sure everything went well. Just a few more notes:
Cancel Policy: Deposits and International air are non-refundable unless otherwise stated.
- Cancelations received between booking and 91 days prior to travel will be subject to 25% tour cost
- Cancelations received 90-61 days prior will be subject to 50% tour cost
- Cancelations received 60-0 days prior will result in forfeiture of entire tour price
Travel Insurance: We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. On occasion, unexpected events or accidents can leave you with cancelled plans and significant expenses. Travel Insurance can help cover you, your belongings, and your travel investment against unwelcome surprises. Global Getaways is an authorized retailer of travel insurance products offered by Travel Guard Insurance. We will be able to provide you with a custom quote upon request.
So...what are you waiting for? Contact Global Getaways today!